Your next Baton Rouge intellectual property lawyer should have a practice built around the type of work you need done.
This page will help you understand the main types of intellectual property work so you can pick the right lawyer.
email@example.com | (225) 302-8559
Types of Intellectual Property:
New and useful inventions and designs
- a drill bit that cuts faster,
- a new chemical,
- a new medical testing device,
- a new piece of industrial equipment or
- an ornamental design for a new product
Original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression
- a new song recording,
- graphic design work, or
- a sculpture
Markings or indications that identify the source of goods or services
- a prominent logo on a product’s package,
- a stamped mark on a metal product,
- a mark used on an ordering page for a product, or
- a mark used in advertising a service
Commercial secrets that provide competitive advantage
- a secret manufacturing technique,
- a secret recipe, or
- a corporate client list, or
- proprietary software
For over a decade, John’s two primary practice areas have been patent applications and applications for federal trademark registration.
John Edel is not a litigator but would be happy to connect anyone with a Baton Rouge intellectual property attorney that handles patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret litigation. If you are interested in copyright registrations, many people decide they don’t actually need to register or can handle a copyright registration without help after visiting the Copyright Office frequently asked questions page.
Free Patent Search Help
- Graduated from LSU in Chemical engineering and worked as a process engineer at the Monsanto chemical plant in Luling, LA prior to attending the LSU Law Center.
- Started his career in intellectual property as a patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Practiced intellectual property law in Baton Rouge for over a decade.
Fixed Fee Services
John offers fixed fee services including fixed fee patent application preparation.
Edel Patents’ primary clientele are small business owners and inventors. Fixed fee services are just one of the ways that John works to strike a balance between quality work and controlling legal fees for clients.
John helps small business and individual inventors keep patent costs reasonable.
Edel Patents LLC
8550 United Plaza Blvd. Suite 702, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
225.302.8559 office | 225.229.1459 cell
Free Phone Consultation
In the free consultation you will learn about
- Attorneys fees for a patent or trademark application.
- Patent and Trademark Office fees
- How John handles applications
- Patent and Trademark Office rules
Set up the Free Phone Consultation Now:
Just click the button and let me know:
- Your full name
- Your telephone number
- When you have a free 15 minutes for a free phone consultation.
(button opens a real email, not a web form)
Discounted In Person Consultations
After the initial phone consultation the next step is consultation that is a flat fee, reduced rate, in person consultation.
I look forward to hearing from you!